Eleven Ways To Build A Successful Website
11 Must Website Ways For Online Business Success
Your website is your connection to the rest of the world.
If you seriously want to build a successful online business so you can make money with your internet marketing business at home? This article on 11 Website Features For Online Business Success will show you what you need to know to build a website that appeals to your target market.
I wish I had known about these 11 must have website features when I started my first online business I would have been able to make money fast from my home business. Before I learned to build my own websites I wasted time and spent money endlessly.
Your site should be a valuable money-making asset for your business. If it is not, you may be missing one or more of these 11 must have website features or you may need to rethink your marketing strategies.
Your website should…
1. Establish your site’s purpose
Your website should support a specific intention. If you are in business for yourself, your website needs to:
- Enables you to grow a warm market of prospects that fit your products and services
- Online potential customers in contacting you
- Able to Generate leads from organic search engines
- Able to Add followers from your social networks
- Able to Be a source for engaging referrals
- Enables you to generate sales, speaking engagements and interest from potential JV partner
2. Must Be focused on the needs of your visitors
Sites that are all about you are a turn off for visitors in your marketing niche. Make sure your website focuses first on the needs and wants of your target audience before focusing on yourself.
That focus is displayed in your content, article headings, website name and USP (Unique Selling Proposition). Your content should be organized to serve your visitors and engage them in taking some kind of action that is helpful to them.
- Filling out a contact form
- Commenting on a blog or article post
- Following you on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Participating in a contest
- Completing an online assessment
- Downloading a free report
3.Try to be visually appealing
Your blog or site should look clean and professional with consistent complimentary colors for headlines and titles.
- Be careful not to use too many fonts or multiple colors of fonts within your posts.
- Any Graphic images should relate to your content.
- Make sure your content is well organized with drop-down menus that are easy to access and easy to read.
- Try to use a variety of colors in graphic images to be visually enhancing.
4. Establish your credibility as an expert
One of the key concepts here is how to position yourself as an expert. Customers and prospects love to work with experts. Well-written articles, videos and testimonials help to position you as a trusted professional expert.
5. Apply interactive marketing tools
Important marketing tools that are essential on your website include:
- An email contact form; gathering email contacts will allow you to build an email list. Periodic marketing to your email list helps you grow stronger bonds with your audience.
- A free offer that can be downloaded; free offers could include reports, white papers, eBooks, videos, MP3 audio files, or podcasts, etc..
- An Auto Responder; auto responders like Awebber or Get Response allow you to automate regular email campaigns in the form of newsletters, EZines or product/service offers.
- An invitation for them to contact you about your services and products.
- A site that showcases your professional expertise; your site should contain articles and posts from your unique POV (point of view)
These interactive marketing tools give your readers a non-threatening way to engage with you.
6. Site must be Easy to navigate
Don’t forget to always Make sure your website is clearly organized into pages and posts that are relevant to your target audience. Pages are static whereas blog posts are dynamic. Sites that are easy to navigate include article archives, a built in search box, and categories that are relevant for locating information. Provide links to other articles within your site to help readers locate additional information easily and efficiently.
7. The content must be of quality… Compelling and easy to read
Almost all online business experts will tell you, “Content is king.” And with good reason. Your website has to have content that readers will find both interesting and useful. a few questions to ask yourself for writing good content are:
- Does it fit my readership?
- Is it worth reading?
- Is it unique?
- Is it accurate?
- Does it add value?”
Your Content must be easy to read. And The best way to present your content is:
- Use dark text—either black or charcoal—on a white background
- 12-14 point font size
- Use headings and sub-headings to break up text
- Keep paragraphs short
- Don’t overdo italics, underlines or bold text
- Don’t use large fonts for everything on your page
- Do not overdo the use of colors in your text or headings
- Double check both spelling and grammar
8. Site must be easy to maintain
WordPress developers have made it easier to update websites by adding a number of built-in features. There is a bit of a learning curve with WordPress but fortunately there are a number of good online E-Learning and support communities.
My top pick for online website development and support communities is Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate offers several levels of experience. Classrooms are organized with dozens of excellent topics and certification levels suitable for a complete novice all the way to experienced users who want to learn more about how to make money with an online business. Best of all, Wealthy Affiliate is a total learning environment free from a pushy barrage of product sales where you can actually choose from 1,600 website themes and put up your own site in less than 30 seconds.
Things you will need to do to maintain your website include:
- Revising copy
- Inserting images
- Updating menus
- Emailing your list of subscribers
- Adding, editing and or removing pages and posts
- Managing comments
- Editing testimonials
9. Should Have contemporary design features
Once your online internet marketing business starts growing, you will find a need to add features to your design. Features you may want to add could include adding an eBook, product uploads, sales pages, time scheduling software (for professionals), mobile applications or perhaps a membership type of service. The three major platforms website designers use are…
- and Drupal.
Of the three, I find WordPress is the best for easiness, installation and maintaining.
Because of it’s ease of use, WordPress designers are ALWAYS coming up with new features and contemporary designs that are popular for dozens of industries, personal and small business sites.
10. You must Optimize your site for search engines (SEO).
The Search engine optimization is huge. Nearly 4 billion people search the internet everyday. They search the main internet browsers like Google, Yahoo and Bing using keywords to locate information. Those who use the internet are searching for solutions to problems. Their problems could be about money, business, relationships, health, learning etc…
When your site gets ranked high on the popular search engines, you can get more people to purchase your products or services. You need to think strategically when it comes to optimizing your site for search engines. This means including some phrases or keywords within your text that people will be searching for.
Fortunately there are excellent Plugins for WordPress users with built in SEO coding that make it easier for search engines to evaluate the websites.
11. Is your website compatible with all the browsers out there?
Browsers programs people use to surf and search the Web. The main browsers out there are:
- Google Chrome
- MSN Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
Let’s remember that Not all websites look good or function properly across all browsers. You need to make sure your email capture forms, comment forms and auto responders work for each environment. A good theme will help you assure browser compatibility. This website is built upon a free WordPress theme called Elegant White. It seems to work with all browser platforms.
let me add one more feature you will need if you are selling an online business product or service and that is a sales cart.Sales carts are easy to install. You can select from a variety of highly recommended sales carts including… Pay Pal, eJunkie, and Shopify , there are also many others.
As you can see, there are a number of features your website should have before you can make any real income online.
Hope this was of a great help, for further assistance please feel free to write me using the comment box below- visit the home page to learn more on how to master the online world.