Small steps to online business success
Small Steps To a Total Online Success!
Optimists are always looking for a magic shortcut to success. While Most pessimists are sure that success in any form is an urban legend and most realists work hard on putting the pieces together, knowing that success is just a puzzle that will eventually be put together.
When I started direct Marketing in 1993 I believed in success but I didn’t have a plan of getting to it. Well, first of all do you know what success actually is? Success means totally different things to different people, so I wrote what success meant to me and how I see my “perfect life”. Financial freedom was the most important in that success plan, although as I thought, unachievable that time
Now, I will reveal one of the puzzle pieces to success; either wealth, health or relationship-wise. I call this part: small Steps.
I’ve always had this same issue for the past years; I called it laziness. You see, when I was just starting, I wasn’t making any money which would get me discouraged and I would quit for a few days or even weeks… until I would finally get back in shape.
As I started making a nice income online, I had a similar issue but I called it differently: Now the new name is( lack of time). When I was working only a few hours a week and making money, I would completely ignore work and spend all of my time with friends, playing around with hobbies, cars, listen to my favorite music ETC… Until I would see a serious drop in my income – that’s when I would get back into the game. Social time and hobby time are important but shouldn’t be abused to the point of affecting your business because that’s your goal after all… To succeed in business.
Finally, Now I understand that in both situations it was the same issue: LACK OF ACTION.
You can’t help it but sometimes get fed up of writing articles, doing keyword research, writing e-mails… Sometimes we have no creativity or simply aren’t in the mood for anything. This is when it’s crucial to take small steps. Make progress. To do something that would move us forward and help us (and our business) grow.
The position of Not taking action is the main reason why most marketers fail at the very beginning of their marketing adventure. This is why you constantly need to take action. One thing at a time; Again the small steps.
And now you must be thinking: Well, what kind of action can I take? I think I’ve done (learned) everything that I could do (learn) and I am still not where I want to be.
Now I understand exactly how You feel because I’ve been there so many times… In my daily planning I write something like: 10am-2pm = Small Steps. And if I can’t plan a “small step” in advance, I simply figure it out at 10am. Here are some examples of what could serve as small steps:
1. Look-up a new niche. You don’t have to do the full research but you might get some ideas about entering a new world.
3. reshape your website. This is extremely easy to do if you’re using WordPress. Simply update your theme or change it completely to something more relevant/modern and professional.
4. You may Write a fresh article for your site, blog or an article directory. Fresh content is the fuel your website runs on.
5. Try to Socialize online. Wealthy Affiliate is a great place to help people out, get help and meet new potential clients or business partners and other.
6. Try to Make a new you-tube videos. For your website, for your training program, for your outsourcing team…etc. If you are just starting in online marketing and need a quick buck – you could even post a job on Fiverr.com and make videos for others in need.
7. You may Come up with a new business idea. Very recently I have noticed that Spa Salons in my town have horrible reviews and I thought: Maybe I should open my own Spa Salon and provide incredible service to clients? I probably wouldn’t open a salon any time soon however, I now know more than 90% of people about starting and running such business because I spent 12 hours researching it. This knowledge might come in handy at some point in time.
8. You may Pick up a phone and call some local businesses; they probably need a website, or a mobile website, or a Facebook page, or a Local Google+ listing. While they can do it themselves but they simply don’t have time to do so and they specialize in cooking hamburgers and not optimizing their online electronic side.
9. How about Making a detailed plan for next week. Set goals such as: Monday – write may be 8 articles for my niche site #3. Tuesday – design a logo for client SYZ. Wednesday: Find 40 keyword phrases for sites #4 and #8. Thursday: Recruit 4 new affiliates to promote my new video course… and so on.
10. You can also Write a page for your book. You will probably re-use that content later on your blog but who knows, maybe you are actually an awesome writer who will get published and make a hit.
The possibilities are very Open and endless. Each “small step” on this list will get you closer to your goals and in the end of the day you would feel like that day wasn’t wasted and you have achieved something.
Take continuous actions, daily. Now, when I really don’t want to touch the computer – I pick up a book and read for an hour, or 2, or 15 😉 There are tons of amazing books out there on marketing, selling, social media, customer relations copywriting, etc. Take action. Get closer to your goal or the goal itself.
Hope this was of a great help, for further assistance please feel free to write me using the comment box below- visit the home page to learn more on how to master the online world.