My Ip Address- How Can I Find It?
Where Can I Find My IP Address?
Facts are that When you’re troubleshooting internet and networking problems over the phone, one key piece of information is your IP address. This is easy to find on both a Mac and Windows computer.
There are two kinds of IP addresses: local and external/public. The local IP address is what identifies your computer or device to the local network. The external/public IP address is what the rest of the internet sees.
Let’s take a look at how to find your external/public IP address since that’s a lot easier and the more commonly needed number. (P)
1. Search engine like Google and weite for what’s my IP
2.First result you get should be a site called What’s My IP Address. Click on that.
3. The external/public IP address should be prominently displayed on the resulting page.
let’s find your local IP address. Here are the instructions for Windows- IP
1. Click on the Start menu and type cmd. When you see the cmd applications in Start menu panel, click it or just press enter.
2. The black command line window will open. Type ipconfig and press enter.
3. A bunch of information is displayed, but the line you want to look for is “IPv4 Address.” And The number across from that text is your local IP address.
Here’s how to do the same thing on a Mac: – IP
1. Open System Preferences (via the Apple menu at the top lefthand corner of your screen).
2. Then click on the icon labeled Network.
3. A few options are displayed on the left with labels like Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc. The ones with green dots have IP addresses assigned to them. Click the one on top (if it isn’t already selected) and look to the right. There should be a sentence that reads like “Wi-Fi is connected to(Your PC name) and has the IP address 192.168.1.102.” The number at the end of that sentence is your local IP address.
Watch the video below Courtesy of (life Hacker) or full details
Hope this was of a great help, for further assistance please feel free to write me using the comment box below- visit the home page to learn more on how to master the online world.