A parked domain – How To Create And Delete One
What is a Parked Domain? And How To Create One?
Parked domains are commonly used to have more than one web address mostly for advertising purposes. Such domains are additional domains hosted on your account that display the same website as your primary domain and share the same web statistics as well, you can also give the parked domain its own email addresses.
For instance, if you own domain3.com and it is the primary domain of your cPanel account, you can set up domain4.com as a parked domain and it will load the content of domain3.com.
When you visit domain4.com, you will notice that although the content of domain3.com is loading in the browser, the address bar is displaying http://domain4.com.
How To Add a Parked Domain
All Domains must be first registered with a valid registrar before they can be parked. In addition, a domain cannot be functional untill it is configured to point to the same name servers as your primary domain.
Here is how to add a parked domain to your account:
- Log into the cPanel of your account
- Depending on who your host is – In the Domains section, click the Parked Domains icon.
- If allowed by your host company and Under Create a New Parked Domain, enter the domain name you would like to park on top of your primary domain.
- Click on Add Domain.
Now How To Remove a Parked Domain
- Log into your account cPanel.
- In the Domains section, click on the Parked Domains icon.
- Under Remove Parked Domains, click on the domain you want removed
- Finally, In the Actions column for that domain, click Remove.
Now watch this video by HostGator on how to create a parked domain
Best Of Regards
Visit my business profile page At Wealthy Affiliate.
And visit the about me page here to learn more about my exciting and bumpy life story.
Click here to go back to the home page , and continue on exploring the hundreds of pages and see how easy I made it to fully master the very challenging new online world.
Also hope you won’t forget to share this important information with those you love and care for, I count on your help to spread the good news.
And for any further questions or assistance, please do not hesitate to write me using the comment box below or use the contact page to ask for anything else you may wish to know.